Turning 21 is a major milestone in any young adult's life. It marks the legal drinking age in the United States and opens up a world of possibilities for those who enjoy a good cocktail. Whether you're a seasoned cocktail connoisseur or just starting to explore the world of mixology, your 21st birthday is the perfect occasion to indulge in a few delicious drinks and celebrate this momentous occasion.
Here's a list of some great ones to try:
- Margarita: 2 oz tequila, 1 oz lime juice, 1 oz triple sec
- Moscow Mule: 2 oz vodka, 3 oz ginger beer, ½ oz lime juice
- Old Fashioned: 2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey, 1 sugar cube, 2 dashes of bitters, orange peel
- Cosmopolitan: 1 1/2 oz vodka, 1 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz lime juice, 1/4 oz cranberry juice
- Daiquiri: 2 oz rum, 1 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Whiskey Sour: 2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey, 1 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup
- French 75: 2 oz gin, 1 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup, 3 oz champagne
- Mai Tai: 2 oz dark rum, 1 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz orange curaçao, 1/2 oz orgeat syrup, 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Negroni: 1 oz gin, 1 oz sweet vermouth, 1 oz Campari
- Manhattan: 2 oz rye whiskey, 1 oz sweet vermouth, 2 dashes of bitters
- Martini: 2 oz gin or vodka, 1/2 oz dry vermouth, olive or lemon twist
- Sidecar: 2 oz cognac or brandy, 1 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz lemon juice
- Paloma: 2 oz tequila, 1 oz grapefruit juice, 1/2 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup, soda water
- Tom Collins: 2 oz gin, 1 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup, soda water
- Mojito: 2 oz white rum, 1 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup, 8-10 mint leaves, soda water
- Pina Colada: 2 oz rum, 2 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz cream of coconut, ice
- Bloody Mary: 2 oz vodka, 3 oz tomato juice, 1/2 oz lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper
- Blue Hawaii: 2 oz rum, 2 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz blue curaçao, 1 oz cream of coconut, ice
- Singapore Sling: 1 1/2 oz gin, 1 oz pineapple juice, 1/2 oz lime juice, 1/2 oz cherry brandy, 1/4 oz Cointreau, 1/4 oz Benedictine, soda water
- Espresso Martini: 2 oz vodka, 1 oz Kahlua, 1 oz espresso, 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Aperol Spritz: 3 oz prosecco, 2 oz Aperol, soda water, orange slice.
One thing to keep in mind when drinking cocktails is that they can be quite strong, so it's important to pace yourself and drink plenty of water between drinks. It's also a good idea to eat something before you start drinking to help absorb the alcohol and prevent you from getting too intoxicated too quickly.
Another important factor to consider is your safety and the safety of those around you. Never drink and drive, and always have a designated driver or plan for a ride-sharing service to get you home safely.
Finally, don't forget to enjoy yourself! Your 21st birthday is a special occasion, and it's important to celebrate and have fun with your friends and family. So raise a glass, try a few new cocktails, and make some memories that you'll cherish for years to come. Cheers!